To add an account to xChainer, you need to click the "Add account" button at the top right of the screen.
After that, in the dialog box, you need to fill in the data for the new account.
- Name - specify a custom name for the account to be added, which will help you further distinguish it from other accounts.
- Account Type - select the type of account to be connected from the list: exchange or wallet.
- Functions - select from the list of options allowed for this account functions. Either just synchronizing balances, or synchronizing balances and history. Note that in order to calculate the dynamics and profitability of the portfolio, you need to choose the Balances and History option. To do this, the API key must also have the permission to load the history on the exchange.
- Key - is the first part of the API key. For more information about creating API keys, see How to create API keys.
- Secret - is the second secret part of the API key.
- Set the Net Cost automatically for deposits - this option allows you to automatically set the rate at the time of the transaction for each deposit from the history. It is important to calculate the profitability of each currency. In the future, the course of each deposit operation you can change manually in the history of the currency.
- If you connect Bittrex, you will be prompted to download the CSV file with the trade history. More on this in the article - How to download a trade history from Bittrex.
After filling out the entire form and clicking on the Save button, the system will add a new account and begin the first synchronization with the exchange. Depending on the type of account being added, this process can take anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes. After the first loading of the data, all information about the portfolio will appear automatically.